Sunday, June 6, 2010

a quick NOTE...

So I know I have a three day trip write about, but I kind of wanted to blog about something else first. Can I please just say how much I love music?! When I was little I always told myself I would be on Broadway when I grew up. Well folks, I realize the dream is completely illogical, but it has not died…not even close. I still want to be on Broadway! I have absolutely loved every single performance I have seen here. Yes I have sacrificed some shopping to see a lot of shows, but I do not regret it one bit! Thus far I have seen Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Wicked, Macbeth, A Mid Summer Night’s Dream, Peter Pan, and The Vienna Piano Trio (in Wigmore hall—it was incredible!). Coming up this week: War Horse, Legally Blonde, and Oliver! I would like to give a big thanks to STUDENT DISCOUNTS for making all of this possible haha.

Anyways, i guess basically all I wanted to say is this:
I love the feeling i get when i see someone oozing with incredible talent;
I love the look on audiences faces as they stand on their feet and applaud at the end of a show;
I love the goosebumps i get when i hear something that moves me in a way only music can;
I love living MY dream through other people's performances;
I love the way my breath catches in my throat when a high note is hit right on pitch;
I love getting songs stuck in my head for days after i saw them performed;
and I LOVE, love love love music.
Thank you musicians, performers, and composers all over the world, you have added magic to my world.

2 comments:

  1. very well said brianna. agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top o'the Mornin' to you, Blimey, Briannn--- This is Andrea & Grandma Rochelle, we are now fans of your adventurous and descriptive writing. Rochelle thinks you should go into writing! I (Andrea) did not realize how strong of a dream you had about Bdwy -- what a wonderful one, indeed! You can see why my teaching studio is named "Follow Your Dream"!! All your adventures (and MIS-adventures) sound SO interesting! Btw, your note on appreciation of music and performers was really touching, we ditto your thoughts on the power of music! HEY - so how are you feeling now?? You gave us ALL a big scare, but isn't it interesting how we were praying for you each day, not knowing what ill-fates may come upon you? Sometime later, we'll share thoughts on Obamacare -- yeah, right! That's for another day... So, here's to your last week, right? WOW--can it be almost over?? We haven't heard you talk about shopping-- have you had time to go to Harrod's yet? We thought you'd buy them all out! Rochelle says, "Don't they have any good walking shoes in London?" Your pix are splendid, but the main point of beauty in each one is YOU! YEAH!! Signing off, with our continuous prayers and blessing....Stay well, and have a BALL! Don't sleep -- time for that when you return home! (haha) Cheerio, you Cutie, HUGS-n-KISSES! Grandma Rochelle & Andrea *_*

    ReplyDelete

Followers