Sunday, May 2, 2010

From Little Venice to a Big Ben's Cookie!

Can I first start by telling you how COLD I am right now?! We just walked back from church and it was raining and the wind was blowing and it was freezing! Note to self: purchase rain boots and bring slippers next time (if there is a next time haha). Okay now that I got that off my chest…let the real blogging begin! I’ll start out by doing my homework assignment. Yesterday I went with a few people to Little Venice!
The weirdest thing happened though…we took the tube to Warwick Avenue and as we emerged from underground it was quiet outside—and let me tell you how rare that is in London! Ordinarily when you come out of the tube it is crowded, loud and well, pure insanity! It was so refreshing to come out and not really hear anything. But Little Venice was B-E-A-Utiful!

It was so green and every single flat was gorgeous. We walked along a few streets just looking around at everything for a while and then we went to look at Grand Junction Canal which was sweet. There was a floating cafĂ© halfway through which I definitely want to try sometime. Then we walked to St. Mary’s church, which was just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Cool fact: the painter William Hogarth was secretly married in this church in 1729.

When we saw it there was a wedding taking place as well and it was straight out of a movie. Everyone had British accents and all the women were wearing these elaborate hats with feathers, and the men had big flowers pinned to their suits, which all had sweet tails, and it was just so neat. There was also a cemetery with gravestones so old you couldn’t see the names anymore. I really did feel like I was in a movie. Little Venice was so beautiful, I wish I could live there!
So on Saturday afternoon I got to go to the National Gallery. Oh. My. Beautiful. SOOOO COOOOOL! So last year I took 2 semesters of some art history. I studied lots of paintings out of a text book, but I wanted to jump up and down for joy when I got to see them in real life! I could have stayed in there all day. Not only were the paintings/frames drop dead gorgeous, but the walls they were hanging on were masterpieces in and of themselves. They were covered in fabric and lined by this deep chocolate wood that was to die for. I really can’t get over the architecture here. When we left the Gallery there was this huge communist movement out in Trafalgar Square which was pretty weird. Guess what I did next?! I went to HARRODS!! Remember that line in “The Parent Trap” when the mom is like “Why don’t you and I get lost in Harrods?” Well that’s what I did…ahem more specifically the shoe department! I was the happiest girl on the planet!!!! I found this one pair of awesome pumps decked out in rhinestones…guess how much money? 850 pounds! Wow Baby!!! Definitely didn’t make any purchases but it was still worth it. To top the day off, I got a triple chocolate cookie from Ben’s cookies which was absolutely divine.
Hope everything is going well at home...talk to you soon!








6 comments:

  1. brianna - how is it that you can have time to write so much on this blog and not enough time to email me back?!?!? (i've sent about 4 emails...) im hurt. hah just kidding but looks like you're having fun. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna it looks/sounds like your having so much fun!! I miss you and can't wait to keep hearing about all your awesome London adventures! love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how the jealousy oozes from my pores! I miss England! I am SOOO happy that you are there and having such a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops! That was actually me, Brittany (above)

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you give brianna a cookie she needs a glass of milk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I love Trafalgar but even more then that I LOVE LLLLOOOVVVEEE Harrods!!! Oh it looks like u r having so much fun! Miss u!

    ReplyDelete

Followers